Just a few days ago, I introduced a Java14 Useful preview feature Java 14 The new features JEP 359: Records(Preview).Java 14 It's just 17 The official version was released on July . Most people still use it Java 8 , I can't even eat the exhaust gas . But not at all LTS edition , Don't panic, everyone .
2. Java14 New characteristics
This version contains JEP（Java/JDK Enhancement Proposals,JDK Enhanced proposal ） Than Java 12 and Java13 All in all . in total 16 A new feature . I'll give you a brief list here ：
- 305: instanceof The pattern match ( preview )
- 343: Packaging tools (Incubator)
- 345: G1 Of NUMA Memory allocation optimization
- 349: JFR Flow of events
- 352: Non atomic byte buffer mapping
- 358: Friendly null pointer exception
- 359: Records ( preview )
- 361: Switch expression ( standard )
- 362: Abandoning Solaris and SPARC port
- 363: remove CMS（Concurrent Mark Sweep） Garbage collector
- 364: macOS On the system ZGC
- 365: Windows On the system ZGC
- 366: Abandoning ParallelScavenge + SerialOld GC Combine
- 367: remove Pack200 Tools and API
- 368: Text block ( The second preview )
- 370: External memory API (Incubator)
For details, please go to the official documents . But I personally don't think there are many new features available , Still, don't panic .
3. How do we choose JDK edition
In fact, there are many students who don't understand , since JDK After modifying the release strategy, the iteration speed is accelerated , From year to year 3 month 、9 Each month a new GA edition . We all know that migration costs are high . So we should know how to choose JDK edition . Here I summarize a few points ：
- Considering business cost and software agreement , Use as much as possible OpenJDK , There are many excellent ones on the market OpenJDK, We're using it AWS Of Corretto.
- Use as much as possible LTS edition , It's not just JDK All software use long-term support version as much as possible .
- Try not to upgrade old projects blindly JDK, Unless you have enough time and energy to toss .
Today I briefly introduced Java14 Release of information , There are also some upgrades JDK The advice of , I personally don't think it's necessary to upgrade , It's OK to study it . I don't know what the students think , You can leave a message to discuss